Friday, December 4, 2009

Memories of Christmas

Where does time go......As I work on Santa's schedule and getting a bit stressed, I often think, what would my Mom who loved Christmas so much think of Santa Randy.  The memories of being at home in a family of 4 girls and a Mom who loved and cherished Christmas makes me realize how fortunate we were to have her.  Holidays were tough for Mom with Dad being an alcoholic when we were young.  However, we always knew Mom was there for us no matter what and Santa would be bringing all kinds of toys under the tree on Christmas Eve.  The beautiful flocked Long Needle Pine tree in the living room with twinkling lights cut down from Northern Minnesota near where our cabin was and glistening hardwood floors with toys arranged picture perfect is what we would wake up on Christmas morning to see.  Dad would most likely be sleeping in after a party or two the night before.  Mom would get up (after probably just getting to sleep) and be as excited as we were when we found our gifts from Santa under the tree.  Christmas was the best time in my childhood life.   Once we were grown and married, our children got to experience my Mom's Christmas Excitement and Love.  From the Holiday Barbies she worked so hard to get the first year they came out to G.I. Joe, Legos, Batman, and other boy toys she was getting to know; she never failed to put on an Amazing Christmas.   I remember the Christmas when she wanted to get the Dayton's Santa Bears for everyone.  She tried, but was unsuccessful and was really sad.  Then Target came out with these adorable puppies "Kriss Mut" with hats and scarfs on.   She sent Dad out all over to different Targets.  He purchased one for each of the grandchildren and at the end of the gift opening on Christmas Eve she came out in the living room with all these huge adorable stuffed puppies in white bags thrown over her shoulders.  She looked like Mrs. Santa ! The smile on her face was unforgettable.  I know I have a picture somewhere, I need to find that.  That is a Christmas I will never forget.  Thank You Mom for the most wonderful Christmas celebrations.  I know you are smiling down at Santa Randy as he visits the young and old during the Holiday Season.  I miss you so much during the Holiday Seasons and am grateful for the love and generosity you instilled in each of us to carry on in our Holiday Celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment