Monday, December 21, 2009

Our Final Week is upon us !

Saturday and Sunday were two of Randy's busiest days so far.  He left in the morning and I didn't see him until 9:30 p.m. on Saturday and 7:30 p.m. on Sunday.  I become a bit weary and worn out after trying to make sure everything is pulled together each day for his schedule.  Sometimes I am frantically re-typing pages for his "Naughty & Nice" visits as Santa is going out the door.  Sometimes, the GPS just won't acknowledge an address I have and I have to print out Mapquest directions just as a backup. 

I know each visit is a special one to the family he is seeing and I want it to be magical for them.  I spend time filling Santa in before each visit by cell phone as well as a typed page of things to remember before he goes in......Finn is the name of the puppy you brought 4 years ago; you gave him a soccer ball that year and are bringing him a new one today,  Lola is visiting from New York,  Bobbie has his own room now that his parents finished an addition to their house, Ben got his blue karate belt, Jennifer is in gymnastics, etc. etc. etc. Sometimes we practice children's names several times, only to find out that is not how they pronounce their name !!

Then, sometimes, when I wake up in the morning and turn my computer on I find wonderful notes like this:

Dear Deb and Santa Randy,


Thank you from the bottom of my heart! You were both amazing to work with from start to finish! The magic you brought to our party will be remembered by so many! You instilled belief into those children that were on the edge. You probably see the magic in the children's eyes everywhere you go, but I believe one of the most magical parts for me was the magic witnessed in the adults eyes too! I took 350+ photos and am in the process of hand editing them right now. The warmth I have in my heart still today is over abundant. I just can not thank you enough! My daughter was petting Finn last evening and I heard her ask him, "Are you happy Santa came back to see you? I told you he would always remember you, I bet you'll see him again on Christmas Eve. You are one lucky little dog!" Thank you for all you did. It may have just been another hour of work for you, but it was the best hour of Christmas for me!


Sincerely,
Jen

This makes it ALL worthwhile and makes me continue to strive to make each visit as special as possible.
This is the most wonderful season of all !

No comments:

Post a Comment