Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 8, 1977

Yesterday was our 33rd Wedding Anniversary.  I spent the better part of the day reflecting on not only our wedding day, but the years together; both the good times and not so good times !  I was 21 years old and Randy just 20 years old.  There were comments we heard over the years that some didn't think our marraige would last; especially with me having muscular dystrophy or as some said "a cripple girl".  However, all I had to do was look into Randy's eyes and see the committment he had to me.  I knew from the first time he brought me home from a Butch Automatic dance, he was an amazing guy.  A lot of people associated him as "a party guy" when actually he was quite shy.  When I was with him the rest of the world seemed to slide into the background.  When I wasn't with him, nothing seemed right or felt right.  I knew he was the most important thing in my life.  I knew when we became engaged, our marriage would last forever....in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer !

Our marraige has lasted and continues to grow in love, faith, strength, and committment each year.  Randy is still the most important person in my life along with our faith in God together.  Yes, we have had some very trying times, but we have always been able to roll up our sleeves and make things work out because we have each other to count on.....we are comitted to each other.  Even in these worst economic times our marriage has been through; we know, no matter where we end up, we will still have each other.  The Lord has given us many blessings in our 33 years together and we know he has more blessings to bestow upon us in the future. For all of this, we are most grateful. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Hope to see you all tomorrow! Love - Holly

    ReplyDelete