Friday, February 5, 2010

Short Snowy February

Even though February is our shortest month, it doesn't look like its going to bring us much closer to Spring in Minnesota anyway.  The snow just continues to pile up.  I guess I should be grateful for these snow showers as they really are pennies from Heaven.  Randy's snowplowing is helping carry us through the winter.  Something tells me God will be providing more of those pennies not only in February, but March which typically used to be our snowiest month.

While February is our shortest month, it holds some important days on the calendar.....February 14th, Valentines Day and February 17th Ash Wednesday.  No, I haven't forgot about Ground Hogs Day February 2nd and President's Day on February 15th.  Personally, I was thinking with the way the economy has been going perhaps we should ask Congress to combine Ground Hog's Day and President's Day as one day to be celebrated together.   Of course we all know that wouldn't happen, the Democrates and the Republicans would have to agree on something to get it passed.

I guess I better get busy finding Santa Randy some heart shaped suckers to hand out on Sunday February 14th.  I am sure his fans will be excited to receive them.  I better also start thinking of some Lenten Resolutions since I haven't been doing so well on my January Resolutions.........

No comments:

Post a Comment